Friday, December 2, 2016

In Flew Enza

Thought for the day:  Grandparents are just antique kids.


We've returned home from a wonderful Thanksgiving week visit with our son and his family in Florida. Unfortunately, everyone but Persephone had the flu while we were there... and the flu hitched a ride home with us. Now we reeeeeally feel like antiques. Sick ones. (Yes, we did get our flu shots.)

If you're wondering about the title of this post, it refers to a punny joke my elementary school principal told my class back in the dark ages. It was about a parrot named Enza, and that title was the joke's punch line. (And yes, I do use the term joke rather loosely.)

So, I'm just gonna post a few pics, and then crawl onto the sofa to recuperate. Next Wednesday will be the Insecure Writer's Support Group post, so I'll seeya then. (I'll even let you comment!)




Such an energetic crew.

(Chloe, Atlas, and Ella)


Even the new puppy Cletis wasn't feeling very peppy.


(Olivia)




Our daughter-in-law said Atlas (AKA Bud) doesn't like to have his picture taken. Coulda fooled me! I've got lots of pictures of his smiling face... even in this pic of the girls. (I guess that makes him a photo-bomber, eh?)

(Atlas, Ella, Persephone, some fat old broad, Chloe, and Olivia)


One day, Smarticus and I took still-healthy Persephone out of the sick house, and we drove over to the Gulf. Perfect weather!

We also went to a terrific seafood restaurant in Cyprus Keys while we were there. A little background: a couple months ago, I bought a can of Tony's clam chowder at the grocery store. It was a little pricey, but the label touted it as being award-winning stuff. It's fabulous... but as luck would have it, the next time I went to the store, the soup wasn't there any more. (Dontcha hate that?) Well, would you believe the restaurant we went to on the Gulf was... Tony's... the place that actually makes the chowder! How cool is that? Without a doubt, the chowder they serve in the restaurant is the best we've ever tasted. We weren't at all surprised that it's won multiple international clam chowder competitions. So... we had no choice but to buy a case of their canned stuff and bring it home with us. Life is good.


The day before we left, Ella was starting to feel better.








So hopefully, Smarticus and I will feel better soon, too. For now? The sofa awaits.








Until next time, take care of yourselves. And each other.